Fishers, Ind. – Today, City of Fishers officials announced the cancelation of the July 4th Geist fireworks show due to coronavirus and public health concerns.
The City of Fishers reminds residents to practice safe deployment of fireworks for residential or private use. The following is recommended from the National Safety Council:
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands
- Only use them away from people, houses and flammable material
- Soak both spent and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don’t go off or in case of fire.
About the Geist Conservancy District Organized as a subcommittee of the Geist Lake Coalition, the Geist Conservancy District encompasses approximately 3,900 freeholders in 40 neighborhoods that surround Geist Reservoir. Over the past few years, organizers have been educating residents within the proposed district of the costs and benefits of creating a special benefits taxing district. Under the Indiana Conservancy Act (IC 14-33), organizers were required to obtain the signatures of at least 15% of the stakeholders within the proposed district – they obtained more than double the requirement. For more information, visit GeistConservancy.com.